Friday 9 April 2010

Surprise at the Allotment today....

 I hobbled down to Plot 122 today, and to my surprise I noticed that my asparagus, planted last year, has suddenly sprouted.  These two look a little "bendy" because someone had put a piece of  glass over half of the raised bed that is the asparagus's home!! I will have to find out whose it is and have words with them tomorrow!!



These two were a bit further along and have grown up nice and straight!

I spent a couple of hours there today, mainly drinking tea and chatting, but I did pot up some peas in the Greenhouse.  When I entered the GH it was 32 degrees in there - heatwave!!

I will hobble down there again tomorrow as the sun will be shining - hooray.

2 comments:

Kella said...

So glad you are able to get out and about, my asparagus is still hiding.

Jo said...

Glad to hear you're managing to get down to the plot. It's lovely to be able to get something done now that the good weather's here.