Sunday 27 May 2012

Plot 144 - The End!

This is a very sad blog post to have to write.

Due to my move to Dorset soon, my plot, sadly has to go & I have already given written notice to the council, that it will be available from June 7th.

I have been visiting the site most mornings, at around 6am for an hour each time, to clear the Shed and the Greenhouse, which are both now sold to a fellow allotmenteer who has a plot at the other end of the site.

Today I went down there to take the sign off the shed door "Dig For Victory" and the spade knocker too.  I also had help from Arthur to take the top from the milk urn that has my plot number on it (so it was my plot marker) and he also managed to de load  it from all the stones that were inside, keeping it weighed down and "un - thief-able"  (if that is a word) 

I collected my deposit from the chap buying the shed and greenhouse whilst my neighbour on the plot one down, said he would empty my water butt for me - very kind of him as I didn't think about that as its going as part of the G/House.

All I have left to do is to visit next Sunday or Monday to dig out my Onions and Garlic.

I have had some lovely, lovely times at that allotment site and met some very very nice people there too.
It's very sad to have to leave it behind, excited as I am about the move.

Sorry there are no pictures - it's too horrible to take them and to look at the condition it's in now.
I would rather remember it as it was.

























12 comments:

Lesley Beeton said...

What a sad, but lovely post. Such good memories for you.

You will meet lots of new people in your new home, and gardeners always settle in easily.

BW and keep digging,
Lesley x.

Plot 42Eand 42W said...

Sorry to see you have to give up your plot with you moving house, shame you couldnt pick the plot up and take it with you.Well your legend will live on with others taking some items from you,hope keep the site open incase you get another plot soon. With you still having to take up onions and garlic from your plot,ive just bought my first bag of onions from the supermarket that was a hard thing to do.

I Wish you and family good luck in your move and keep in touch.

Maureen said...

Hi Ali, this really is a sad post as I have seen your allotment when I visited you and it was an amazing plot. You have lots of happy memories to take to Dorset. I wish you lots and lots of luck in your new home and life. We love Dorset my sisters live there and we visit often. One lives in Winterbourne Whitechurch which is a lovely little village. The other sister lives in Creekmoor, nr Poole. It's a lovely county. All the best
Maureen xxxxxx

Mark N said...

You're leaving? I really dislike upheaval and leaving stuff you love behind. Especially something like the plot, in which you invest so much time and effort.

I've enjoyed reading your posts. It will be sad to see you go.

x

Lucky Seven said...

*sob ... but also a big grin to what the future will bring ! Good luck on your new adventures and I know that we will hear from you soon !

Keep digging for victory !

Lucky Seven said...

*sob ... but also a big grin to what the future will bring ! Good luck on your new adventures and I know that we will hear from you soon !

Keep digging for victory !

Lucky Seven said...

*sob ... but also a big grin to what the future will bring ! Good luck on your new adventures and I know that we will hear from you soon !

Keep digging for victory !

Rooko said...

Very sad news, but good luck with the move to beautiful Dorset. Hope to see another blog from you in the future.

Lady Fe said...

It's sad to give up an allotment, having recently done that myself, but you've got some fab photo's and memories, and you're right to only remember it as it was.

And who knows, there might be one waiting in Dorset for you when you're ready.

All the best for the future xxx

Garden Centre Chipperfield said...

Wow its a very good post. The information provided by you is really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information..

Gwen said...

So sorry you have had to give up your plot Ali. Understand totally as I am having to give mine up as well, but not for the same reason. Heaps of good luck and great gardening in your new home. Gwen xx

Waterfront Property Georgia said...

WAOOOO
FULL KITCHEN MATERIAL....................