Wednesday 7 April 2010

A sneaky visit to the Allotment....

Hubby went to get his car cleaned, so I asked him to drop me off on the way and pick me up on the way back - this meant I got half an hour at the allotment and able to take in what's been happening in the last 10 days.  The most exhausting thing I did was to open up the shed, get the slut pellets out and scatter them around the greenhouse benches and then hunt for snails (I found 11 inside!!)
The pictures will speak for themselves, but I also have to say thanks to the boys, Derek, Arthur, Ron & Nigel who have all been taking turns to either water the greenhouse plants or put the heater on if a frost is predicted........


 Spinach & Sweetcorn







Courgettes & Chilli's

Dwarf French Beans & Broad Beans



Cos LettuceLeeks
                                                                                     


Peas


2 comments:

Jo said...

Glad you managed to get to the allotment, even if it was only for half an hour. It's nice to have good allotment neighbours who will keep an eye on things.

Joy McCarthy said...

Glad to see everything has been so well taken care of for you Ali! You've obviously got a very strong allotment community. Hope it won't be long before you get back into the swing of things.