Wednesday 18 June 2008

Sweet Peas, Funny Carrots & the ones that don't want to die.....

At last - the sweet peas are in bloom

They are going to look SO pretty with a little more sunshine

Ah - the carrots - maybe a bit more thining needed?

I am not going to chuck them - I will just wash away the soil and chop them up for tonights dinner - I will then start again but this time I will remember to thin them more!

A quick peak in the compost bin this morning was a pretty sight indeed - yes the Nasturtiums that were thrown in there last week some time are refusing to die and continue to flower - how special is that?

3 comments:

jeanie oliver said...

HI there,
haven't had a chance to check out the link you sent me to be able to communicate back and forth. I'll do that this evening. It seems that every spare moment that I have that I feel like it, I'm outside in my plants beds.
Your carrots look like alien shrimp! I don't even attempt them as I have lots of rocks for them to grow around. One of the reasons that I plant nasturiums is because they will bloom through everything.
I still have only had squash from my garden if you don't count herbs.
later
Jeanie

jeanie oliver said...

HI there,
I didn't mean to be mean about your carrots. I was just teasing and would be oh so proud if I could just grow them!
I apologize sincerely,
Jeanie

Unknown said...

Hey Jeanie,

Don't worry - you can call my carrots what you like - they were delicious just a funny shape that's all!
I hope you are well and I hope your weather is good. Your flowers look lovely as always
Ali from the UK