Wednesday 31 August 2011

Progress!


 I am greeted by this lovely sunflower on my arrival at the allotment at the moment - it's so cheery!!



 Ok, so down to work - I had trouble getting this stake out, so I had to leave it until I could get some "man power" behind it.

 As you can see, there are several "extra" stakes along this side of the last raised bed, which I had forgotten about, but they were put in for a reason - to provide extra support to this side.


 So in the end I decided to leave it where it is (the side of the raised bed that is, and now I have this lovely area to one side of the fruit trees.


Here is the view from the other side - it to me ages to break up and rake the soil.  I also put in a good few handfuls of 6X - a chicken poo fertilizer thing which other allotmenteers swear by.

If you look carefully, just past Tatty the Scarecrow and focus on the middle of the picture, you will see a little pussy cat, helping itself to water from the bird bath

Closer....


And closer!  Naughty pussy cat.

I also managed to rake over the soil (and 6X it) to either side of the leeks

So I had a few good hours well spent at the allotment this morning

2 comments:

Allotment #65 said...

Wow you have done allot today, all that hard work pays off as you well know, keep it up.

http://margaretspatch.blogspot.com/ said...

I like your sunflower, mine are all going over now.