More damage was to the tomato support canes both here in raised bed#1 and to the canes supporting the tomatoes mid plot. Again it was the cable ties to the rescue and some more canes for extra support as the winds are still high today. Fortunately I didn't have any "snapped" tomato plants - phew!
I then made a cuppa and after a chat with Brian whilst we drank our tea, I got to work on lifting the last of the Earlies. Due to the small, quick but heavy downpours we were having off and on, I put the spuds on the floor of the shed to dry out.
Not as many as I was hoping for but without the rain this year, this is better than nothing and they haven't suffered with rust either.
In thier place, I planted 2 rows of leeks - a little late in the year, but it worked well for me last year.