I wasn't planning a long visit to the allotment today, especially after all the hours I put in during the week, but on arrival, the greenhouse needed watering, the tomato canes needed securing and the polytunnel aka The Sweet Potato Suite needed some minor repairs.
On arrival, I watered the greenhouse and fed the tomatoes inside and out with Tomorite. I can never remember which day I last fed the on, but I know it wasn't yesterday or Friday, so I added the correct dosage and watered away!
One of my first jobs was to secures some of the tomato canes together, so with a few bamboo canes and some cable ties, I got this in hand.
I then made repairs to the polytunnel with some duck tape, my teeth, a pair of scissors and some more cable ties!
I then harvested some french beans, baby cucumbers & beetroots, along with some strawberries that only made it as far as my mouth, so sorry for not sharing!
To my surprise and huge delight, I discovered that one of the cherry tomatoes had a slighly "red" tinge to it! How exciting. I hope that this means that a lot more follow and I have a big basket of cherry tomatoes to take home very soon. Mmmmm.