Instead of buying an expensive polytunnel, I decided I would do it in true allotment style, beg & swap! I managed to get the plastic sheeting from Ron for the main body and George gave me another odd piece he had left over for the ends (these are still to be done - it was toooooo hot over the weekend so the ends will be done today now that it's cooler) I then duck taped the two pieces together so that I had the body well covered with a bit of overlap each side.
Derek our allotment angel lent me 4 hoops that are made from plumbing pipes - I just had to simply push them into the ground - simply she says - some went in like a hot knife cutting through butter and others were like trying to push a square peg in a round hole! As Gertie & her family walked up the path from their plot, I asked if I could borrow her husband for a bit of brut strength!
Then I covered the dug in manure with black plastic. Again these were free, as I used manure and compost bags that I had saved and I had some galvinsed pegs to keep them in place! FREE!!!
I then had the task of covering the hoops and using little cable ties that Arthur gave me, I eventually got there in the end! So just the ends to go now!
As promised I have been back to the allotment to finish of the ends of the Sweet Potato Suite....