Monday 22 March 2010

I wasn't intending.....

....to work at the allotment today, as I have Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday totally free this week, so I tottered down there, with grey skies overhead, and bumped into a few "locals" for a chat here and there.

Then the sun came out, and my jacket came off, and the shed door was suddenly open, and the tools came out, the gloves were on and I was away.......

I spent over 2 hours on plot 144 and got loads done, and it's a good thing that I did because I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for an operation - removing a ganglion from my FOOT!! So I will be "out of bounds" to the allotment for a good 2 or 3 weeks.

Anyways, back to the work in hand:

Everything as weeded, and the broad beans were looking so splendid, that I just had to take a photo!


I harvested some more parsnips

&

Put the kettle on

This was after raking the previously dug, and then forked over remainder of 144 - phew, I was pooped after that lot.

3 comments:

Mark N said...

Good work Ali, and good luck on Thursday.

maureen said...

Wow ! that was a great achievement. I have to go out today, but I'm hoping to get my broad beans into the ground later today, the are hardened off and raring to go. Yours look great. M x

Jo said...

Good luck for Thursday. I bet you're glad that your ahead of yourself on the allotment now.