Sunday 14 February 2010

Seed Count!


Yes, today was seed count day.  My Quality Street tin was bursting at the seems, so I thought I had better do a stock take......

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Pak Choi



Parsley

Organic Coriander

Chives

Coriander














Basil

Dill



Cos

Mixed Salad Leaves

Salad Leaves mixed

Rocket

Mizuna

Romaine Lettuce

Red & Green Mixed

Lollo Rossa



Swede



Carrots – Nantes 2

Carrots – Paris Mkt Baron



Sweetcorn



Dwarf French Beans


Beetroot


Aubergine


Spinach


Parsnips



Peas

Mange Tout



Onions Spanish Yellow

Onions Bedfordshire

Onions Red Kamal F1

Spring Onion


Butternut Squash

Butternut Squash



Radish Golf Ball

Radish Purple



Leeks – Carlton F1



Cucumber – Cucino

Cucumber – Bedfordshire



Courgettes All Green Bush

Courgettes Summer Ball

Courgettes Jemmer F1

Marrow Long Green Bush





Tomato Red Cherry

Tomato Roma

Tomato Garden Pearl

Tomato Costoluto Fiorentino



Pepper World Beater

Pepper Californian Wonder



Chilli Pepper Cayene

Chilli Pepper Chilli Shake






So the only Seeds I have to purchase this year are the ones above listed in GREEN

After finishing my duties at the allotment shop this morning - gosh were we busy!  I took my crochet with me, but didn't get a chance to even do a foundation chain! Anyway, what I was going to say is that I bought a bag of potting compost so that I can start some seeds off at home in the utility room - here's what I am going to "sow" this week:

  • Peppers
  • Sweet Peppers
  • Tomatos - 4 varieties
  • Courgettes
  • Onions - White & Red
  • Dwarf French Beans (this will be an experimental sowing  as the seeds sow by date is June 2009

2 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

Ha! I was going to do the very same thing this weekend but was too tied up with my crochet to get round to it!!!

wendy said...

Hi Ali

Delurking to say, you will need to buy carrots too - they just don't keep from one season to the next.

Happy sowing