Wednesday 17 February 2010

Crochet again .......

I have decided to start to join a few granny squares as after looking on the WWW yesterday, I saw a few references to people getting bored to death of sewing 100's of squares together at one time!  I can imagine - it's not very exciting.

So I have put a few squares together.

I have done odd shapes as you can see - the first  reason for my madness is that I could continue to use the same yarn without having to fasten off & the second reason is that I ordered LOADS of Double Knit in different colours from EbaY yesterday, so once they arrive, more squares will be crocheted & I can add these on anywhere, without making them look "odd" in the final sew up!


So here is the first sew up....

And the second.....

This is a close up of the back of the work - quite neat I thought!

And the front of the work looks good too - I like the fact that I have used a light colour as I like the finished "rustic" look.


Until next time.....

7 comments:

Kella said...

Its looking really good, can't wait till its all done.

Mrs Jones said...

Put the words 'Babette Blanket' into Google Images and stand back to be amazed at what can be achieved with different sized granny squares...

Jo said...

Your stitching looks neat, front and back.

Steve said...

Hi Ali, just wanted to let you know that although I rarely tweet these days I do love reading your blog still. Personally I've stopped doing the spurcroft school allotment as they annoyed me too much! On the plus side back in October I managed to get my own allotment which I have been digging since and will start a fresh blog for that one soon. Love your work and also your linked blogs (except mine). Steve

maureen said...

Ali, it looks fab, I am going to have to show mine off now.

Unknown said...

Kella - thanks hun - I can't wait either!

Jo - That's very kind of you - It could be neater I suppose but I like the "rustic" look.

Steve!!!! Hi - Long long time no hear. Can't blame you stopping the school thing if they annoyed you. I am so pleased that you have your own lotty now - well done you - I can't wait to read your new blog - don't forget to take LOTS of pictures!!

Maureen - Yes, please show yours off I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for all your comments :0) Very much appreciated!

inca said...

Love the rustic colours hun,you clever lady.I gave up after page two on that magazine!!!I think probably little monkey would be better at it than me:) hope your o.k xxxx