Friday 20 February 2009

I've been busy, busy, busy


I have been busy - honestly!

I have been helping to get the new Trading Hut up and running.


  • I made millions of mugs of tea & coffee
  • I have swept
  • polished
  • dusted
  • cleaned
  • washed down
  • puffed at
  • brushed
  • priced
  • arranged
  • re-arranged
  • re-re-arranged
  • counted cane tops into 25's
  • counted pots into 20's
  • cleaned mugs
  • provided tea towels
  • served customers
  • taken subscription fees
  • filled out subscription forms
  • smiled
  • laughed
  • advised
  • got cold - very cold
  • warmed up - only to get cold again &
  • had a great time!

Yep - I spent pretty much my whole weekend at the Trading Hut & by the end of the weekend I was so knackered that I had to go to bed at 8pm on Sunday night and slept through till 7am Monday morning!! UNHEARD OF FOR ME!

Saturday and Sunday morning - I was there - me and my trusty bike that needs air in its front tyre, and that skillfully carried all those mugs without breaking one, to my dishwasher and back! Boy were they disgusting - and now they are like new again. I even treated myself to my very own allotment shop mug via eBaY which will be coming with me (and trusty bike) to the lotty shop tomorrow - yes - I am on duty again in the morning and can't wait.

Nigel said that I had a baptism of fire - I was thrown in at the deep end - I had no choice - it was REALLY busy which was FAB.

Go to http://www.srags.blogspot.com/ for a full update - but we had a very brisk weekend takings wise, and more importantly LOTS of new members joined up and existing ones renewed their memberships!

Oh and did I mention that I have also, single handidly, (well I had to use 2 hands to type but you know what I mean) set up the new SRAGS website - yes, self taught I might add, and it's taken me a few hours, well more than a few hours of frustration, stomping, hair pulling, banging my head against a brick wall and that sort of thing, but I think it looks good enough not to be

"just another boring allotment webiste"

Well take a look for yourselves and let me know - ok?

www.srags.org.uk

p.s. i am going to my first committee meeting tonight too!! how exciting