Wednesday 10 August 2011

Onion Harvest

I needed to get to the allotment desparately.  After recent events, I have let it go to pot a bit, well a lot actually!  So, once there I tidied up the peas - well pulled them all out actually, dug over their spot and the earth to the left where the first earlies were grown, so that was a good 5ft across dug over and raked!

Then it was time to lift the onions.   I planted 3 rows (staggered) along the width of the plot (17ft??) so there were quite a few of them!

I put them in the Greenhouse to dry for a few days - I couldn't risk leaving them outside as the risk of showers is still prominent!!

The first haul.....


Some more....



Had to put some on the floor (on a tray).....



And more on the other shelf opposite...



And finally some were put on the wine box - phew!!

1 comment:

Plot 42Eand 42W said...

Very good I've just started to pull mine up only problem I have is not enough space to store them.